Tuesday 17 February 2009

UFO!

By special request, here is the tale (or should that be tail?) of my one and only UFO sighting.

I ought to precede that tale by letting you know that since my last blog entry here my dreams have been fine and I'm feeling much better, stronger, less vulnerable... But more on that another time!

Now, to UFO's!
It was November 5th last year, that's bonfire night here in the UK, for any that don't know. - The night we celebrate the burning to death of one Guy Fawkes and bun him in effigy year after year. - The reasons that we celebrate this barbarism have been lost in history! I hope he found a way to rest in peace though!!*v*
All of that said, bonfire night is one of my favourite times of the year! - Bonfires and fireworks are so much fun!

So, myself an my family went to the fireworks display at the local park - I'm lucky enough to live on the doorstep of a park that now hosts one of Liverpool's big, official, displays. My sister, brother and their families all came down and off we went to the park about half an hour before the display was de to begin.
We noticed how unusually orange the sky was looking, even for bonfire night. I've never seen such an orange sky! My brother-in-law and myself were transfixed...well, we all were really, except for my brother, who makes it a rule to remain unimpressed in life. ;o)

So, there we were, looking up at the sky and away from the direction the firework display would be coming from, when we noticed a round, pale red light in the sky, moving toward us from the left. It stopped dead and sat perfectly still in the sky probably a minute and a half or two minutes. Then, it moved away from us so fast that in a second it vanished from sight entirely.

And that's it. The one and only time I've seen a UFO. - I look forward to future encounters, but I hope they're more dramatic! lol

No comments: